Tottenham Spurs striker Son Heung-min completed his three-week military training this Friday, May 8, on the southern island of Jeju in the south of the Korean peninsula with flying colors.
The 28-year-old took the opportunity to return to South Korea on April 20 to complete his military training, following the forced postponement of the Premier League because of the Coronavirus pandemic which is currently raging around the world and more particularly in the UK.
Military officials were amazed at the very good performance of the former Bayer Leverkusen player, who ranked among the top five of 157 interns in the camp and received an award on Friday for his achievements.
His Heung-min had excelled in shooting
In the land of the calm morning, men must complete 21 months of national service before the age of 28. The Premier League player, who will celebrate his 28th birthday on July 8, was therefore obliged to participate in this course to avoid sanctions from the Korean authorities.
The internship schedule was busy and the Tottenham striker must have participated in a multitude of different activities, including training in shooting and stabbing, exercises against chemical and biological weapons, individual combat and training to learn first aid gestures .
But, it was in shooting practice where the Spurs striker most excelled and according to the South Korean daily, The Korea Herald, Son Heung-min had managed to hit 10 out of 10 targets during this internship: ‘He received the “Pilsung” prize which is one of the five types of awards for the best performers’, said a Marine Corps officer, before adding: ‘All the courses were tried fairly and strictly, and his military training officers said he had followed the training faithfully. ‘.
Tottenham resumed training without Son Heung-min
Premier League players have returned to training since the end of April despite continued containment in the UK. The Spurs will have to do without their South Korean striker for a few more days.
This season, the Korean striker has scored 16 goals in 32 games in all competitions for the London club, but his arm injury in mid-February stopped him. But, “thanks” to the suspension of the English championship, the player should finish the season with his club and help them win a European place.
The K-League has finally started but behind closed doors
The South Korean championship was finally able to resume its rights this Friday, while the first day should have been contested two months ago. But, with the Coronavirus pandemic, officials from the Soccer Korean, decided to delay the resumption of competition.
With the good management of the health crisis of the Korean government, the country did not record many cases of death due to Covid-19, in particular thanks to the policy of massive tests and the availability of masks. In fact, all players in Korean football, from players to staff to employees were able to be tested last week.
However, the resumption of the championship was carried out without supporters in the stands, and to compensate for the lack of atmosphere in the stands of the stadiums, KFA officials decided to have recordings of supporters’ songs recorded at regular intervals.
The K-League has therefore given an example to the rest of the football world of what to do for a good recovery from other championships.
Don’t miss our Facebook page!
© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED